Often due to work or social events, adults are self-conscious about wearing traditional braces, but, with advances in technology, it is now possible to achieve the same results with Invisalign®. With clear removable aligners they are virtually invisible, making them the most discreet form of teeth straightening. Most patients find that no one even notices they are wearing braces!
Who would benefit from Invisalign®?
Orthodontic treatments have a range of benefits because they not only create beautiful smiles, but they can also reduce a number of oral orthodontic issues, such as:
- Spaced teeth – Often occurs when teeth are missing, or when a patient’s jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- Overcrowding – Occurring when there is too little space for the teeth to normally align in the mouth. Overcrowding can increase the likelihood of gingivitis, and is an issue that can cause tooth decay.
- Crossbite – A common dental problem, occurring when one, or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. Consequently, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and can even lead to gingivitis.
- Overbite – Occurring when a patient’s upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, their lower teeth. Jaw pain may eventually occur.
- Underbite – The inverse of the overbite, in this case the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the patient’s upper teeth. As in the overbite, jaw pain can eventually occur.
How does Invisalign® work?
The Invisalign® system works with state-of-the-art technology, providing both you and us with precise results. To begin with we use the iTero®Element™ digital scanner, which enables us to gain accurate digital impressions of your teeth and jaws. The iTero scanner works in conjunction with a clever piece of 3D computer imaging software called ClinCheck®. This process means you can see, in advance, how straight and beautiful your teeth can look once you’ve completed orthodontic treatment.
The Invisalign® treatment consists of a series of removable, custom aligning trays that gently and gradually move teeth into a more aesthetically pleasing position. You will need to wear each aligner for about two weeks before you replace it with the next aligner in the series. But don’t worry, it doesn’t mean you need to see us every fortnight – we will give you 8 weeks’ worth of aligners at each visit.
And finally, with our competitive and flexible finance options there is no need to wait for that great smile you have always wanted.